Our recently opened, state of the art Critical Care Complex provides care to critically ill patients with a wide range of conditions.
The Critical Care Complex is located on Level 2, with easy access to operating suites, catheter laboratory and radiology services. The Critical Care Complex consists of:
6 bed Intensive Care Beds (Including a negative pressure isolation room) provides care to intensive care and high dependency patients post major surgery, and also patients from the emergency department and wards. These patients receive specialised care under the supervision of one of five Intensive Care Specialists. In addition to this, our in-house Hospital Medical Officer (HMO) provides around the clock, 24 hour medical cover.
6 bed Coronary Care Unit provides cardiac monitoring for patients undergoing pacemaker insertion, ablations, acute myocardial infarction or suffering abnormal heart rhythms. These patients are admitted to the hospital under the care of specialist cardiologists.
Nursing care across the Critical Care Unit is provided by our well-trained nursing team, many with post-graduate qualifications in intensive care and/or coronary care nursing.
The Critical Care nursing team and our in-house Hospital Medical Officer provide expert outreach support to the facility via Rapid Response Team calls. This team is called to patients who are displaying signs of clinical deterioration; the team can provide appropriate assessment, intervention and escalation of care as required.
Enquiries: 03 9385 2800
- Performing diagnostic and interventional cardiac procedures
- Catheterisation Laboratory with “State of the art equipment”
- Experienced Coronary Care trained nurses and technicians
- 24 hour access to a rostered Cardiologist and interventional cardiologists
Enquires: 03 9385 2531
Coronary Care Unit
- 6 Dedicated beds
- Wireless monitoring system
- Staffed by highly qualified and experienced Cardiac Nurses
- 24 hour access to a rostered Cardiologist and/or Physician
- Hospital Medical Officer on site 24/7
Enquiries: 03 93852800